Review Article | Volume 2 | Issue 1 | JRS Jan – Jun 2022 | Page 27-31 | Fuqiang Gao , Xiangwei Ma , Wei Sun , Zirong Li , Jike Lu
Author: Fuqiang Gao [1,2], Xiangwei Ma , Wei Sun [1,4], Zirong Li [1,2], Jike Lu 
 Shockwave Center, Department of Orthopedics, China-Japan Friendship Hospital, Chaoyang, Beijing, China.
 Beijing Key Laboratory of Immune Inflammatory Disease, China-Japan Friendship Hospital, Chaoyang, Beijing, China.
 Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, China-Japan Friendship Hospital, Chaoyang, Beijing, China.
 Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
 Department of Orthopedics, Beijing United Family Hospital, Chaoyang, Beijing, China.
Address of Correspondence
Dr. Wei Sun, Shockwave Centers,
Department of Orthopedics, China-Japan Friendship Hospital, Chaoyang, Beijing, China.
Novel coronavirus pneumonia (corona virus disease 2019, [COVID-19]) is a novel respiratory infectious disease that has rapidly spread in many countries or regions around the world [1, 2, 3] . With the approval of the State Council, COVID-19 was included in the category B infectious diseases under the Law of the People’s People’s Republic of China on the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases, and the preventive and control measures for category A infectious diseases were adopted. Given the severity of the COVID-19 epidemic, the wide spread of transmission, and the human-to-human transmission, some patients with musculoskeletal disorders visiting hospitals and health care
workers engaged in medical shockwave technology are at potential risk of COVID-19 infection. The 2022 Chinese expert consensus statement on the Management of Musculoskeletal Disease Extracorporeal Shock Wave during the Prevention and Control of Novel Coronavirus Epidemic is formulated..
Keywords: Chinese expert consensus, Extracorporeal shockwave, Management, Musculoskeletal disorders, Novel coronavirus pandemic.
1. Chang D, Lin M, Wei L, Xie L, Zhu G, Cruz CS, et al. Epidemiologic and clinical characteristics of novel coronavirus infections involving 13 patients outside Wuhan, China. JAMA2020;323:1092-3.
2. Chen N, Zhou M, Dong X, Qu J, Gong F, Han Y, et al. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: Adescriptive study. Lancet 2020;395:507-13.
3. Liu K, Fang YY, Deng Y, Liu W, Wang MF, Ma JP, et al. Clinical characteristics of novel coronavirus cases in tertiary hospitals in Hubei Province. Chin Med J Engl 2020;133:1025-31.
4. Riou J, Althaus CL. Pattern of early human-to-human transmission of Wuhan 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), December 2019 to January 2020. Euro Surveill 2020;25:2000058.
5. Wölfel R, Corman VM, Guggemos W, Seilmaier M, Zange S, Müller MA, et al. Virological assessment of hospitalized patients with COVID-2019. Nature 2020;581:465-9.
6. General Office of the National Health Commission, Office of the State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Pneumonia Diagnosis and Treatment Program for Novel Coronavirus Infection. 9th ed. New Delhi: General Office of the National Health Commission; 2022. Available from: http://www.gov.cn/zhengce/zhengceku/2022-03/15/content_5679257.htm last accessed on 2022.
7. Wei Y, Lu Y, Xia L, Yuan X, Li G, Li X, et al. Analysis of 2019 novel coronavirus infection and clinical characteristics of outpatients: An epidemiological study from a fever clinic in Wuhan, China. J Med Virol 2020;92:2758-67.
8. Krishnan A, Hamilton JP, Alqahtani SA, Woreta TA. A narrative review of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Clinical, epidemiological characteristics, and systemic manifestations. Intern Emerg Med 2021;16:815-30.
9. Zhang J, Zhang B, Ni X. Questions about the implementation of management specifications for environmental surface cleaning and disinfection in medical institutions. Chin J Hosp Infect Dis 2018;28:473-6.
10. Fathizadeh H, Maroufi P, Momen-Heravi M, Dao S, Köse Ş, Ganbarov K, et al. Protection and disinfection policies against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). Infez Med 2020;28:185-91.
11. Bielecki M, Patel D, Hinkelbein J, Komorowski M, Kester J, Ebrahim S, et al. Air travel and COVID-19 prevention in the pandemic and peri-pandemic period: A narrative review. Travel Med Infect Dis 2021;39:101915.
12. Wu W, Guan H, Fang Z, Guo F, You H, Xiao J, et al. Standardized process of orthopedic diagnosis and treatment during the outbreak of novel coronavirus pneumonia Recommendation. Orthopedics 2020;11:93-9.
13. Wilder-Smith A, Freedman DO. Isolation, quarantine, social distancing and community containment: Pivotal role for old-style public health measures in the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak. J Travel Med 2020;27:taaa020.
14. Wong JS, Cheung KM. Impact of COVID-19 on orthopaedic and trauma service: An epidemiological study. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2020;102:e80.
15. Hirschmann MT, Hart A, Henckel J, Sadoghi P, Seil R, Mouton C. COVID-19 coronavirus: Recommended personal protective equipment for the orthopaedic and trauma surgeon. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 2020;28:1690-8.
16. Wu S, Wang Y, Jin X, Tian J, Liu J, Mao Y. Environmental contamination by SARS-CoV-2 in a designated hospital for coronavirus disease 2019. Am J Infect Control 2020;48:910-4.
17. Tanaka MJ, Oh LS, Martin SD, Berkson EM. Telemedicine in the era of COVID-19: The virtual orthopaedic examination. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2020;102:e57.
18. Xie X, Zhong Z, Zhao W, Zheng C, Wang F, Liu J. Chest CT for typical coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pneumonia: Relationship to negative RT-PCR testing. Radiology 2020;296:E41-5.
19. Pan Y, Guan H, Zhou S, Wang Y, Li Q, Zhu T, et al. Initial CT findings and temporal changes in patients with the novel coronavirus pneumonia (2019-nCoV): Astudy of 63 patients in Wuhan, China. Eur Radiol 2020;30:3306-9.
20. Shockwave Medicine Professional Committee of China Research Hospital Association. Guidelines for extracorporeal shockwave therapy for musculoskeletal diseases in China. Chin J Med Front 2019;11:1-10.
21. Gao F, Sun W, Xing G. Interpretation of the latest diagnosis and treatment consensus of the International Society of Medical Shockwaves: Indications and contraindications of extracorporeal shockwave. Chin Med J 2017;97:2411-5.
22. Chinese Medical Association Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Branch, Expert Consensus Group on Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy for Musculoskeletal Diseases. Expert Consensus on Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy for Musculoskeletal Diseases. Chin J Phys Med Rehabil 2019;41:481-7.
|How to Cite this article: Gao F, Ma X, Sun W, Li Z, Lu J | 2022 Chinese Expert Consensus Statement on the Management of Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy in Musculoskeletal Disorders during Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Prevention and Control. | Journal of Regenerative Science | Jan – Jun 2022; 2(1): 27-31.|